Friday, September 11, 2009

Tears in my eyes...

I've looked up at the clock three times already today. The first when the first plane went in, then when the second hit the other tower. The Pentagon and at approximately 10:20 I will look at the clock again and remember Flight 93. It seems (and I included at times) have forgotten the terror of that day. But when the anniversary get's closer it really sticks in my mind. That was one of those moments that you remember exactly where you were, what you were doing, and the initials feelings. I was on the phone here at work calling Graves Plumbing to pay a company bill. The office girl was not responding to me on the phone, so I said "are you still there?" She said she was sorry but she was watching/listening to the news, and that two planes had crashed into the World Trade Center. Initially she thought it was a big plane and a small one, so my first thought was that some air traffic controller really screwed up. Then she said it was two big ones and the news was saying it was deliberate. I told my boss and we turned the radio up and listened all day as the events unfolded. No work got done really. We were all in a daze. Watching planes fly over us and then learning that they had all been ordered to land. For three days the sky was eerily quiet. The first plane I encountered after that was on a camping trip. It was late and I was already in the tent trying to get to sleep and this jet flew over. It must have been flying lower than normal in that area and it was very loud. I was very disturbed by it but I did not look out at it. Let us all never, ever forget that day. The people that lost their lives, the rescuers that lost their lives, the passengers on 93 that did not let the terrorist hit their target.
Never forget.............

No comments:

Post a Comment