Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Various Ramblings of my Mind.........!!

Still awaiting seeing a neurosurgeon in October, actually the end of October. No one ever seems in any hurry to help do they? Well, my ex husband and I had a blast from the past when I cooked a dish that we haven't had in well over 10 years and you'll die when I give the recipe!
Many years ago before kids, I lived the nice single life in Bloomington Indiana. I had a roommate named Missy and she fixed this dish one evening. I was sure she was actually an alien or had done some major drugs (she doesn't). All you do is brown about 2lb of ground beef with lots of chopped garlic, I'm saying at least 8-10 cloves. DO NOT drain the grease out of the skillet. Add enough ketchup (my ex says it has to be Brooks) to make it saucy and then add 1 small can of drained corn. Heat this through and serve over spaghetti. That's it. Now I know it sounds really gross, but it growns on ya and we thoroughly enjoyed it last night! My son would have ate most of it too and was proceeding to until I told him it had corn in it. He thought that was the garlic! Well that did it for him! I had some leftover today at lunch.

I've been thinking about my garden for next year. I have scouted various seed catalogs that I have from this year reading on organic pest controls. I have never used anything in that regard though my dad will dust my beans from time to time with Seven. I did notice a quite a bit of leaf damage, ect this year and would like to learn more about organic pest controls, so that will be a winter study subject or if anyone reading is an expert, please jump in!

And last but not least for now........IT IS FOOTBALL SEASON!! My son has his first 8th grade game tonight and next week the NFL will be in all it's glory. I am already looking up recipes to cook for Sunday the 13th. Colts play at 1:00!!!! Oh, that reminds me, in our newspaper yesterday there was in insert called Relish Mag. It was very interesting in the regards of food and recipes. I got on the online version earlier and was very impressed by the recipe database. I've already printed quite a few.

I suppose I should get back to work before I catch the glare of the boss!!! Till later........

No comments:

Post a Comment