Tuesday, April 28, 2009

The Beginning

On Friday, April 24th a very nice man with an awesome John Deere tractor came to my house to till up a very big portion of my back yard where our swing set once stood. My 13 year old son was weirdly upset to get rid of it and upset that I was going to make that whole part of the backyard a big garden. He never hangs out back there anyway! And certainly does not use that swingset at his age. My neighbor across the street has a huge sideyard and that's where all the action takes place with all the boys in the neighborhood playing some type of ball there. But anyway, he'll get over it. I gave the swing set to the new neighbors that moved in next to me about a month ago. They've ended up being great neighbors, and they are excited about my new garden as well. In fact on Sunday when I wanted to put the corn and beans in, my friend John marked all the rows. I started planting beans and my neighbor came out and was chomping at the bit to get out there so he ended up planting the rest of the beans, John did the corn and they both covered the rows and it was done! I also set pepper plants in my smaller garden (about 20 of them!) and planted my herb plants and extra peppers in a 4x4 (maybe) little tilled area south of my big garden. I will have pictures posted soon and will keep photos updated as the garden grows.

No comments:

Post a Comment