Thursday, April 30, 2009

Okay, I'll try this again. I was in the middle of posting when the power went out. It's been doing that for several days now. And just my side of the street. My neighbors across the street have power...strange. I heard there are some transformers down the road that have been having problems. Well I was originally posting about all the rain we are still getting and don't need. I wish it would dry out now through Sunday. I have got to get my tomatoes in the ground this weekend. They are outgrowing their little peat pots! Since I'm tired now..I will cut this post short. But I did promise a recipe! Here is one of my son and I favorites. We don't have a name for it but we always say "that's good chicken" when we have it so the name of this recipe is...

THAT'S GOOD CHICKEN
1 Whole chicken (about 5lb)
1 Lemon
A handful of sage, oregano, thyme, and rosemary
1 Large rosemary twig
3 cloves of garlic
salt & pepper
Butter
In cavity of chicken insert a half of lemon (sliced) and the handful of herbs and garlic.
Salt and Pepper chicken and roast in oven in a large roasting pan at 350 to 375 for about an hour. Baste the chicken occasionally with butter using the large rosemary twig. DELICIOUS!!

No comments:

Post a Comment