Monday, July 13, 2009

Technical breakdown...

I'm sorry I haven't posted as much. Still no internet at home but I am taking care of that this week. I've been trying to post pictures on here from my cell phone via my work e-mail, but that doesn't seem to be working either. We had the first batch of green beans yesterday!! My idea of green beans is to fry a couple of bacon slices till somewhat crisp and the skillet has a good coating of grease and then dump the beans in with some water and simmer for a couple of hours, adding more water as needed. I know some people like them tender-crisp or steamed but not me or my son. My neighbor's grandson likes to eat them raw! Also we will be eating corn on the cob by the middle of the week! Can't wait for that. I plan on having a cookout Sunday with my friend John and my neighbors. It will feature corn on the cob! My tomatoes in my smaller garden are looking weak again so I plan on tending to them this evening and surround them with compost. I know that soil in that garden needs built up big time. The big garden is doing great for its first till. I had better get back to work. I would like for everyone reading this to say a prayer for three local youths who had a atv accident last week. One is in very serious condition with a possible severed spinal cord, the other a badly broken leg. The driver was fortunate that he was not hurt as seriously. Keep these boys in your thoughts and prayers. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment