Monday, July 6, 2009

Dreary Fourth..

This is the second year in a row we had rain all or most of the day on the 4th. Mitchell and I did not go to the parade. He slept in while I made breakfast and the macaroni and cheese I was to take to my mom's. I heard the jets fly over the house and I wanted to be there but I was not going in the rain. We had the cookout and I got to see several members of my family I haven't seen in a while. I was really tired after that and went home and took a nap until about 4:00. The fireworks got cancelled and it just didn't seem like the 4th. I hope next year surely it will be sunny. I don't even mind if it's hot because we can just get in mom's pool during the cookout. It's tradition! On the garden front, I've worked in my smaller garden and got all the tomatoes weeded and tied. Same with the peppers. I haver several peppers coming on and it looks like I'll have loads of tomatoes also! Still haven't gotten my cilantro planted. Need to do that! On Thursday evening I weeded the green beans and two neighbor girls came over and wanted to help. I grudgingly let them, I was hoping they didn't step on or pull plants up but these girls knew exactly what they were doing, and did it very well. I was impressed. They really enjoyed doing it too. I actually saw a few beans coming on yesterday. I'll snap a photo this evening. I also need to start freezing some zuchinni. I have mass amounts! I might have mentioned it before but I was told you can just slice and freeze zuchinni and then thaw it out sometime and fry it. I'll also freeze some shredded for future break. I'm taking my computer tower to someone this week so hopefully soon I can post from home instead of work. Stay tuned for a post this evening....

No comments:

Post a Comment