Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Okay..I haven't kept up!

I did not get pictures of the garden this weekend as promised. Been busy and had doctor appointments ect. ect. My tomatoes aren't looking that great. They are still too small to stake and the leaves were getting yellowish looking. I fertilized them yesterday and today they seem a little perkier but I don't want to fertilize them too much or I'll have all blooms and no tomatoes. Everything else is looking good. I cultivated the big garden and the small one. My beans aren't up yet and that concerns me but maybe it's just not been warm enough. So I'm still waiting on those. I absolutely will get some pictures on here soon since I've cleaned the gardens up! Today I was looking up herb recipes online. I've got to do something with my monster herbs that are just outside my back porch. I also planted borage around the tomatoes and corn today. It's supposed to make the flavor or tomatoes better and keep tomato worms and corn worms at bay. I do not use pesticides or herbicides, artifical fertilizer on my gardens! So I've been researching companion planting where one plant helps another in different ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment