Sunday, May 3, 2009

Weekend is Over...

I got most of my tomato plants out in the small garden but not in the back part. It was still a muddy mess. So today I stuck three here and there in the big garden and I think I'm done. I am worn out today. It seems like I was doing something all day but never got anything done. But I did get my van finally cleaned out. That was a huge accomplishment! Tommorrow my plan is to cultivate and fertilize my broccoli and get some stakes in the ground next to my larger tomato plants. I'm bone weary right now. Probably didn't help that my son and I had a huge meal and then a thick shake from Wendy's! For Sunday dinner, we had tacos which I only make with the Chi Chi's meat seasoning mix (How I miss Chi Chi's!) rice, corn on the cob and fried jalepenos. Now..these jalepenos are awsome and so simple I would never have thought about. Last week Mitchell, his father and I dined at a Mexican restaurant in Lyons. Donnie wanted a hotter salsa and the waiter asked him if he wanted some jalepenos. I thought they would bring chopped jalepenos to mix in with the salsa..No...they brought a dish of simply sliced jalepenos, sauteed until crisp (in I guess Olive oil) and sprinkled with lots of salt. These were awesome. Even my son ate them and he hates spicy stuff. Thing is they didn't really burn that bad. I never would have thought of that, but I tried making them today and they were still good! Also my plan this week is to clean up this pile of debris that I had intentions of making a mulch pile years ago that now looks like a jungle. I'll take a pic to post before I clean it up. Now that I've read and read how to make a real mulch pile (actually I'm going to get a bin of some sort) I will start one the right way. Other than that, I'll just pray for a dry spell so I can get some more work done. See ya tommorrow...

1 comment:

  1. Oh Angie, I miss Chi Chi's too. Jeff and I used to get the original salsa and they quite carrying it here in Missouri. We loved their chimi's and their seafood nachos. Loved the idea about the jalapenos. We have gone to the Mexican restaraunt at Lyons..pretty good.

    ReplyDelete